65069 Streamlight Stylus® UV Alkaline Battery-Powered Pen Light
Finding the Fakes, Frauds & Forgers. As forgers and counterfeiters become more sophisticated, officials are finding new ways to create fraudulent-resistant documents. One of the most effective methods is to imprint hidden ink which is extremely difficult to reproduce and is only detectable by using ultraviolet light. All states will soon incorporate such images in their driver’s licenses. They are also used on credit cards, vehicle registration cards, currencies, checks, and other important documents. Once these new documents are in place, it will be up to those of you on the front lines to identify the fakes, frauds and forgers. Now You See It! When you shine a Streamlight ultraviolet flashlight light on a document with hidden graphics, you’ll see the “invisible” graphics. If no image appears, you will know instantly that the document is fraudulent. Important Forensic Tool Streamlight ultraviolet lights are also used by medical examiners to quickly detect the presence of proteins at crime scenes. Great for Leak Detection. Ultraviolet Light Is Today’s Rediscovered Tool! Ultraviolet light is used to fluoresce dyes used in many leak detection applications, in automotive serving and air conditioning system servicing.
- Machined aluminum case with anodized finish and non-slip, knurled grip available in black
- Length: 6.21’;15.17 cm Diameter: 0.375”; 0.95 cm 1.1 oz; 31.19 grams*
- High-intensity solid-state 100,000 hour, 365 NM Ultra Violet LED
- Features a momentary blink switch and constant “on”
- Run Time 60 hours
- 3 “AAAA” size alkaline batteries.
- Individually serialized
- Pocket clip
- Glare Guard Protector (included)
- Most models meet applicable European Community Directives
- Limited lifetime warranty.